Reclaim the Power Association is a non-governmental, non-profit and humanitarian organization. Our primary mission is to provide comprehensive psychosocial assistance and support to the victims of sexual violence and to stand by their side in the path of recovery. The association was founded in 1994 under the name Association Against Sexual Abuse. After 25 years of existence we adopted the name Reclaim the Power Association to fully express our commitment to the contemporary social work theory and practice.
Our work is based on the recognition of the dynamics of sexual violence and thus appropriate professional action:
- Sexual violence is a form of violence, namely abuse of power, position, influence and knowledge over another person.
- The perpetrator holds full responsibility for sexual violence!
- Sexual violence is one of the worst possible crimes committed against another human being, as it affects the intimacy of a person and can lead to sexual traumatization, thus significantly affecting the quality of life of the victim.
- Each victim responds differently to sexual violence and carries different psychological, social and biological consequences.
- Victims of sexual violence need a supportive environment, one that accepts their expressions, provides support and a sense of security, as well as gives assistance in accordance with expressed needs.
We provide help and support for minors and adults who:
- have experienced sexual abuse in childhood or adolescence,
- have experienced sexual violence by a partner, relative, acquaintance, associate or other person,
- want to protect a child, adolescent or adult person from sexual abuse,
- face other forms of violence.
We provide the following forms of assistance and support to our users:
- telephone and online counselling,
- personal psychosocial counselling,
- self-help groups,
- counselling work with adolescents,
- creative workshops for children,
- advocacy in procedures,
- escort to institutions.
In addition to individual and group forms of assistance and support, our work is also focused on counselling and support for professionals and institutions who may face cases of sexual violence and abuse in their working environment. We also provide training on sexual abuse for all professional profiles.
Reclaim the Power Association
Cesta v Mestni log 55
Telephone: +386 (0)80 28 80
You are politely invited to make any inquiry about our organization and work. We are available every weekday between 8 am and 4 pm or write us a message and we will respond to you as soon as possible.